The 7th Le Mans Classic will take place on July 4, 5 and 6 of 2014. Richard Mille has been the Main Partner and Official Timekeeper of the race since the first event in 2002. This retrospective of the “24 Heures du Mans” is the chance for thousands of car enthusiasts to meet around the Bugatti track. Le Mans Classic revives more than 80 years of automobile sport history by bringing back the cars and the pilots who created the legend of the most famous race in the world on the great 13 kilometer Le Mans circuit.
As a tribute to this exceptional race, Richard Mille will introduce the fourth limited edition watch, RM 030 Le Mans Classic, to carry the name of the competition. For this automatic winding caliber, Richard Mille developed a rotor that would prevent over winding thanks to its capacity to automatically disconnect from the rotor’s winding mechanism when the spring is fully wound and indicated by a clever indicator at 12 o'clock with the on/off positions. Additionally, this new mechanism is linked to the power reserve indicator placed at 9 o’clock to provide an optimal winding control with the best ratio of constant torque/power. The RM 030 LMC also has a 24 hours display placed at 2 o’clock with the '16' highlighted as a reference to the starting time of the endurance race and as a discrete homage to the event.
The RM 030 LMC displays the colors of the historic race inside of its movement as well as its white ATZ ceramic case and with the rubber of the NTPT® crown.
This special edition will be available in a limited series of only 100 pieces and is fitted with a black rubber strap with double folding clasp. Without a doubt, this is another Richard Mille watch that comes completely fueled by the essence of the brand. Perhaps the color combo might be somewhat similar to the Richard Mille RM 38-01 Tourbillon G-Sensor Bubba Watson, nonetheless, this new watch is a real stunner.
Sticker Price $150,000 USD. For more info on Richard Mille click here.
- Automatic winding movement
- Power reserve: circa 55 hours
- Baseplate, bridges and balance cock in grade 5 titanium
- Declutchable rotor with variable geometry
- Winding indicator
- Date display
- Free sprung balance with variable inertia
- Double barrel system
- Balance: Glucydur, 4 arms, inertia moment 4.8 mg cm2, angle of lift 53º
- Frequency: 28,800 vph (4 Hz)
- Spline screws in grade 5 titanium for the case and the bridges
- Interior flanges in carbon fiber
- Torque limiting crown in NTPT® carbon
- Baseplate and bridges in hand-ground grade 5 titanium, wet sandblasted, Titalyt® treated
- Sapphire blasted and hand-drawn surfaces