As the SIAR 2015 kicks-off in Mexico City today, we are pleased to announce the new Richard Mille RM 030 Automatic 'Black Dash'. We will bring you live pictures later today. The newest version of Richard Mille’s RM 030 Automatic with Declutchable Rotor, cloaked in black with scarlet red details, debuts as the dark and dramatic sibling to previous editions of the popular tonneau-shaped timepiece. Like a carbon negative to this year’s White Rush limited edition, the Black Dash incorporates boundary-pushing new materials and a hand-finished innovative movement to achieve a new level of style and performance in haute horlogerie. Black TZP sand-blasted ceramic forms the front and back bezels of the RM 030 Black Dash, while its caseband is comprised of incredibly strong and light black NTPT carbon. The watch’s crown and rubber strap are also black, while the combination of red and white for its Arabic numerals, hands, indicators and inner flange produce a high degree of legibility.
Inside the case of the RM 030 beats an automatic caliber featuring a rotor that declutches automatically. With this system, the winding barrel is automatically disconnected from the rotor’s winding mechanism at the moment when the spring is fully wound. Additionally, this mechanism is linked to the power reserve indicator to provide optimal winding control. This allows both the movement and the oscillator to work with the best ratio of constant torque/power to provide the best chronometric performance.
The RM 030 Black Dash was unveiled at the Salón Internacional Alta Relojeria in Mexico City this week. The limited edition is available now at Richard Mille’s boutiques in Bal Harbour, Beverly Hills and Las Vegas, as well as authorized Richard Mille retailers throughout North and South America. The new Richard Mille RM 030 Automatic 'Black Dash' is available in a limited edition of 50 pieces.
Sticker Price $140,000 USD. For more info Richard Mille click here.
Technical Specifications of the RM 030 Black Dash Limited Edition
- Skeletonized automatic winding movement
- Dimensions: 50.00 mm X 42.70 mm X 13.95 mm
- Power reserve: circa 55 hours
- Baseplate, bridges and balance cock in grade 5 titanium
- Declutchable rotor in variable geometry
- Winding indicator
- Date display
- Free sprung balance with variable inertia
- Double barrel system
- Balance: Glucydur, 4 arms, inertia moment 4.8 mg cm2, angle of lift 53˚
- Frequency: 28,800 vph (4Hz)
- Spline screws in grade 5 titanium for the case and the bridges
- Interior flanges in carbon fiber
- Torque limiting crown in NTPT carbon
- Sapphire blasted and hand-drawn surfaces
- Presented on a black rubber strap
Press Contact: Laura Q. Hughes, Director of Communications
T (310) 205-5555 - M (646) 284-0403 - Laura@richardmilleusa.com